Eustis Estate

Eastern (Garden) Facade of Beauport, the Sleeper-McCann house Gloucester, Massachusetts

Today’s Beauport reflects multiple building campaigns. The original 1908 house, known as “Little Beauport,” appears in the black-and-white image below; in the contemporary image of the home’s garden facade, only the chimney of the 1908 house remains visible. The home dramatically expanded between 1911 and 1912 — losing the diminutive in its name along the way — and once again in the early-to-mid-1920s.